Nice review of a nesting Spindrift 9 from a cruising couple!

Frank Hagan

I follow a few cruisers on YouTube, and Sailing Florence Around the World uses a nesting dinghy instead of the inflatable kind most use. I thought it looked familiar, sure enough, they did an episode on their B&B Yacht Designs Spindrift that their father built for them right before they started their journey around the world:

• Like 1

• Frank Hagan changed the title to Nice review of a nesting Spindrift 9 from a cruising couple!

It's great seeing a Spindrift used as a proper dinghy should be. I also built mine as the dinghy to my little J/24 and it's always fun to show up to a mooring and pull a proper little sailboat off. I always get questions from other boats around me and sometimes even the dockmaster. It rows really well, sails great, and of course motors like a charm too.

Thanks for such an efficient design, Graham.

Nested on the small foredeck of the J/24:

IMG_6189.thumb.JPG.74af598eec96faecdbf6fc79bad53d62.JPG

On the way to Catalina:

IMG_6192.thumb.JPG.ea2c6b43a518cd509ed3bf7a7f03a61c.JPG