finding level on CS 17

MattandTru

Hello friends and mentors,

I'm approaching setting the tube for the Main and I need to level the boat on the trailer.   Side to side is easy.

I know there is a measurement if you bring level back from the bow to a certain point in the boat and the measurement down, it should be "x"

I need this to get the rake right for the tube and mizzen foot as well  

Can someone fill in the blanks for me? 

Much obliged!

Matt

Matt, pull out your boat plans. On the side elevation sheet draw a line from the top of the bow all the way across the top of the transom. Parallel to the waterline. Draw a vertical from the transom to intersect you line. You will need a scale/ architect ruler to read off  that distance and translate it into real inches and fractions. Clamp a vertical stick to the transom and mark that measurement on it. Grab a piece of string and pull it tight between the mark you just made and the tip of the bow. Hang a bubble level in the middle of the string and start fiddling with the trailer. You may want to figure out your water line at the same time. Good luck PeterP

Hi Matt.

Peter is right, the dimensions for the waterline are given in the plans. Because you are building from a kit, you have an easier way to get your boat level. If your boat is sitting in the building cradle correctly, that is with the forward bulkhead sitting over forward cradle frame and the aft bulkhead sitting over the aft cradle frame, the boat will be level if the floor is level. If the floor is not level, lay a level on the cradle rails and shim the legs until both rails are level fore and aft and athwartships.