Glueing the keel part 2

Build of hull #24

Todd i didn’t screw the blocks down I used clear packing tape along side the keel on the hull to give a nonporis surface then on top of that I put a piece of double backed carpet tape, then I put down the blocks so that they just buttered to the keel, the blocks are installed on both sides of the keel to keep it aligned and in place.

As for the center board pocket this was one of the scariest parts I found the thru the hull tabs that aligned the center board trunk and used them as a guide to know  where to make my cut, drawing a line along the tabs and adding 1/4” will give you the net distance of the inside panel after that I added about 3/4” to put me somewhat in the middle of the opening  for me and I used a Japanese pull saw  to cut the opening, afterwards I used a trim router I made a base out of a scrap ply it was as wide as the router base and about 10” long I glued a block to the base. After putting a small level on the base to find level I cut the block that tall, ooimageproxy.php?img=&key=617d0da80c1a1d06imageproxy.php?img=&key=617d0da80c1a1d06imageproxy.php?img=&key=617d0da80c1a1d06 using a 3/8” bearing round over bit to make the radius TAKE NOTE this only works wit the long edges the ends were shaped by hand

E6B52E09-0A81-41DA-8AE5-8B70F416FD25.jpeg

• Like 1

I have a 14 inch drill extension rod that I bought many years ago. (I love that I could use on my CS15 build all kinds of tools purchased in the past that were “needed” for some job). With the extension, I use set screws in the end to secure a drill. That let me drill from above the centerboard case through the hull to establish a start point. My router did all the cutting. I fashioned a jig similar to the above to get a good angle. Straight router bit first, then a round over bit.