Inquiry CS 20 mk iii

Dnjost

Sorry that I have not been a more active participant in this forum since the launch of Cs17 357.  Retirement, moving, and a refocus of life priorities limited my contact with the group. (Also moved from PC to iPad and forgot my password, but enough.  

I thoroughly  enjoy my CS 17, but the new cruising area is very choppy in a prevailing SW breeze against a 2k ebb tide.  Yesterdays sail 11mile sail with 4 adults aboard for three hours was a blast.  However, returning to port proved to be a dowsing of sea water.  In control 100% of the time with 1 reef tied in and just flying across Vineyard Sound.  Smiles and laughter all around for 3 hours. These are incredible boats.  

so now the big question.  Who has completed a CS 20 mk iii?   Seems to fit the bill.  Will fit 5 adults, more stable under foot, tabernacles (my bay has a low bridge). Easy to rig, forgiving.  A bit drier.  Opinions are like belly buttons, have at it.  Photo galleries of completed boats?  Inquiring minds need to know.

I built sn 2 (Southern Express) and live/sail on the Gulf of Mexico, you are more than welcome to come sail with us.  We have had 4- 5 adults in the cockpit on a rare occasion,  it will do it.  We can rig in 10 minutes without much rush,  it is reasonably dry, we have taken green water over the bow but that is as rare as us having 4-5 adults aboard.  It is a delight to sail! 

• Like 1

Do you have photos to share, or a website I can peruse?  Have you tried raising and lowering the masts at sea?   I am due for a mooring in the local pond within walking distance to my house, but the bridge has 11 foot clearance, past that is open ocean that can be particularly choppy.  No calm spot to pull into temporarily.  Currently, we trailer to the ramp, launch, then complete the rigging on a vacant mooring or sandbar with the CS 17. 

We have raised/lowered masts on our boat In calm water with no problems.  Might not be something you want to do in much of a seaway.  The masts are light, set at a slight angle so they will lower into the small cradle on other tabernacle.  Our main lowers to the port side of the mizzen tabernacle and we support it with a light line “harness “. We has originally a small cradle on the mizzen tabernacle but it was a great head/shoulder bumper so it was removed in favor of the line harness and a loop nut on the mizzenmast pivot bolt.  The boat isn’t at our home now so I can’t get any pictures.