2020 Mess-about

Graham or Alan is the mess-about still on for this year? Just trying to make plans with all this STUFF going on. If it is a go, I'm planning on bringing the heaviest spindrift ever made:o:rolleyes: with a lot of mahogany and varnish for show and tell. I haven't seen everybody in quite a few years:( and it would be nice to catch up. Plus buy some aluminum tube and sail track for the mast.

PS If I lost 40 lbs :wub:  my boat would be in the proper weight range!!

Scott

• 3 months later...

A note to all Messabout Participants. It's just a few days away! Thanks to the pandemic we have a few changes to the "normal" messabout way of doing things this year as we all do our part to prevent the spread and keep everyone safe. So if you plan to attend or come by the shop this year please help us keep everyone safe. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BMf9guIQkXXohcXePT2pWT1urVg2zqwHsE_V2_nVN0g/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the letter explaining how we might best manage this event. I’m looking forward to the weekend. 

This afternoon, I was getting my new CS-15 ready for the 1,200 mile drive to the Messabout... and snowflakes were falling.  Sheeze!  It’s another reason I look forward to the sailing event.  

When I return to Wisconsin from the trip I will drop the boat off downstate in a storage unit I’m renting for six months.  Then, a few little motorcycle trips are in order... my wife and I are planning a couple camping trips... and, the skiing season is just around the corner. 

Its a shame that the Friday night chew and chat has been canceled.  Heck all the folks still should put their order in and pick it up at the take out section and spread out at the creek. The fine family at the eatery has  been hit hard like most of the other small businesses and their food is top shelf, especially their strombole [sp?]  

• Like 2

Just leaving the B&B Headquarters,  a great time was had, Saturday had some good sailing with lots of boats.  Everyone learned something from Graham’s talk on how to get the best from his designs.  Thanks to Graham, Alan, Tom, Nate, Bobby and Randy for making it a great Messabout.