Boarding ladders

Build of hull#24

well I have been making slow buy steady progress on ol #24 and have temporarily installed bow and stern hold downs while waiting for the
boarding ladder to arrive, that was a teadious choice there are somany to choose from but I left It to my wife because in the end she had to be comfortable with the Ladders design. 

Ok fast forward a couple of days the ladder  arrived and as shown in the pictures this was the final choice a nice little fold up made out of 316 ss the question that I have is , does the ladder extend low enough into the water in the down position? the reason for the present location is so the ladder will hopefully be out of the water when in the stored position. I need some input to this topic as I never had a boat with a boarding ladder before

00019B60-8011-4488-B216-1DA7A45237CF.jpeg

DB5FD0A5-24A6-4980-A8E0-E387D8BC7B1E.jpeg

Mark, ...

The bottom tread on the one I built for “Chessie” was a little lower than yours — and was “ok” (but a stretch) for this (then 86 yr) old man. I agree with Chick that yours will be fine for stronger young people.

You can see my ladder on page 42 (about 2/3rds down) on my build for Chessie: