Inner Banks 130 Sailing Adventure June 14th

AmosSwogger

A sailing group called the OBX130 is organizing a sailing trip starting from Bath, NC June 14-20.  This trip is ideal for Core Sound boats.  Members here might be interested, come join me! 

So far there are two boats committed to the adventure; myself and the organizer.  There are no signups, no fees, and feel free to do all or just part of the trip.

"The Inner Banks 130

Proposed route for June 14 - 20 adventure. Boats will launch at Potter's Marina, Bath, NC and will overnight at a nearby anchorage. Monday morning we will hoist the sails and depart for Washington. Washington has a free City dock available, a nice anchorage and a beautiful waterfront park. For those brave enough, you can visit Bill's Hot Dogs for a special experience. Tuesday, we will sail east to the town of Bath with a stop at Goose Creek State Park. Bath has a free State dock and several anchorages. Bath is a beautiful little town with plenty of history and room to move around without bumping into people. Wednesday will be our longest day covering about 40 miles, ending with our anchorage in South River. South River is full of nature and we will also visit the remnants of an abandoned village and cemetery. Thursday will be spent exploring South River and sailing to Oriental where we will overnight in Greens Creek. Friday, we will return to an anchorage near Potter's."

If you are interested search out the Facebook group "OBX130", or if you don't have a Facebook account, just let me know in this thread and I will take it from there.  This a very informal and flexible trip/adventure.  If you want to meet us at a particular village and/or anchorage, that is fine.

• Like 1

I launched out of Potters Marina several years ago and explored Rose Bay and Judith Island. It is a beautiful area and I have wanted to go back. I would love to join you but I am not sure if I can be ready. I am doing some repainting.

P5311471.thumb.jpg.54a825e8828b175c4540f57711a1bf0b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Joe Anderson said:

I launched out of Potters Marina several years ago and explored Rose Bay and Judith Island. It is a beautiful area and I have wanted to go back. I would love to join you but I am not sure if I can be ready. I am doing some repainting.

P5311471.thumb.jpg.54a825e8828b175c4540f57711a1bf0b.jpg

I predict your paint will be dry in time for you to make it.

• 2 weeks later...

I added a couple of pics of Amos to the album. Those were the best two -- one-handed composition often doesn't work! He was very well balanced with a tiller tamer (I need to get one) and could take pics with two hands.

I need to make a longer main sprit or finagle my rigging to be able to trim out that crease. Otherwise everything works!

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1573.JPG