Update of hull 24 build

7 hours ago, Chick Ludwig said:

I mount the guides at the widest beam of the boat, so when the boat is pulled all the way onto the trailer, they automatically center it.

Unfortunately the 20's widest spot is midships. So on Skeena's trailer I have set as shown. The good news is I have it in my head how far the gap should be to keep them distanced.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it’s done the bottom and lower sides are as far as iam going Togo.

Also the roller tray awaits the trailer. The next step is let the paint cure for a couple more days before I put any pressure on the hull when I turn it over and continue the build. I just finished in time the weather finally turned and we have had some freezeing weather at night. 

mark

F545B5F6-C1D4-4341-99CB-7616F3DC6005.jpeg

E7B7E2B3-FADB-4947-8D8A-8F480ED24BF8.jpeg

5EEFB2EC-C79A-4D88-A048-0F272C3F263D.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Getting envious of such a nice paint job,  is that a 2 part LP you sprayed? I’d chosen Pettit polyurethane which I’ll roll and tip because I don’t want to vape the house with noxious fumes. I sprayed that once in the garage and was then frequently reminded by family not to poison them!  Wishing I was friends with a automobile painter which I could bring to his shop.

anyways nice job, looks fast and sleek.

17 hours ago, Steve W said:

Maybe I don't have my nomenclature right. The hull looks like teal, but the above that, which I've always referred to as the topside, has no color that I can see.

The topsides are the part of the hull above the water line. I would call the section you are talking about the cabin sides, but maybe there is another term for a raised deck boat? Many parts, pieces, sections of a modern boat have parts that are similar to classic plank on frame building, so the nomenclature is the same. Some parts don't.  And some parts don't even have aggreed upon names, so we make them up.

I still say it looks teal, but as it is Mark's boat, he can call it what he wants.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Build of hull #24

hello everyone first I’d like to say that I think we have rounded the corner on COVID-19 and hope we will be sailing like normal this year. 
Ok I have totally recovered from the staff infection and once again back to work on the ?‍♀️. I have gotten the seat tops down , got most of the cooler completed and have been going over the plans and have decided to install a rub rail screwed from the out side, I will be glueing the backer block to the inside of of the hull at the shear, so here’s the question I have to you what are the dimensions of the rub rail, also should the rub rail follow the angle of the hull or should I cut the back side so the rail is 90degs to the hull.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone and good sailing!

been making some progress got the floor glued in got the hatch covers installed then went to installing the mizzenmast tabernacle. I did make a small error by installing the base of the tabernacle first this did lead to a little more effort in getting the mast angle and offset correct, once I feel comfortable with the numbers I will install it permanently337771A0-0611-4B31-BC64-8BBC14B8BD50.thumb.jpeg.fc47fc830c427b6de8771e0ffae8de8d.jpeg

6643C5A8-E275-486A-9C83-1DA1133A180C.jpeg

• Like 1