Kendrift 9 #1

Kennneee

• 1 year later...

Well, it has taken over a year but I can now call “ROSEBUD” complete. Finally got around to putting her name on the hull. We have been using her for 2 seasons and she has proven to be a great dinghy. Rows well, motors well with the EPropulsion electric outboard and is stable and dry. 

What does a guy do when he finishes his boat? Guess it is time to start another one soon. LAPWING will have to be next.

C98F052F-FFEE-4B5E-9F8E-BEE119DEE22C.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 10:33 AM, Kennneee said:

Did a solo row and one with Luanne aboard. She moves through the water nicely, is very stable and looks great. 

That is really good to hear, and I assume the Kendrift did well also?

But seriously,
I am just as interested in the Ken Crane.   Is it intended to stay mounted most of the time while U/W or is it easily removable?      Does it drop down out the bottom of the mount, and store alongside the doorway?   Or do you remove it from the top? 

Yes, the Kendrift did well also.  The mast is light and easily removable.  I intended to remove it when not in use but I never do.  It stays mounted all of the time.  It lifts out from the top.  I put pelican hooks on the end of the stays so they are quickly removed.  I have to remover the STB one to get my paddle boards on deck.  Once they are in place I put the stay back.  I hope that make sense.

Edited by Kennneee
Misspelling