Srtaring down the throat of hurricane Claudette

Posting from the Texas coast, on Matagorda Bay, 9 miles up bay from Port OConner, where Claudette is coming ashore

Winds currently 35-40, gusting 45. Off shore bouys show 50 gusdting 60.

Eyewall currently about 30 miles due east of our house, moving due west

Raining hard, otherwise ok.

posting quick in between power blips

Charlie, I was wondering how you were fairing. I am in touch through business with lots of folks in Corpus...so I heard your place would be in the middle of it. Sounds like a good day to take a reef. Good luck.

---Brent

Today is a good day for storm sails, the size of postage stamps..... I don't think even a tripple reef would do it.

It would be far better to be on land or way inland. But it would be far better to be in the open sea, than to be too close to land and risk destroying the boat. Even moored.

I went through Fredrick some years ago, the eye came directly over our house. Foolishly, I helped save someone elses boat earlier that day. Everyone that had a boat near the coast took it as far inland as they could. Those that could not make it back to shore went out to the deep water.

So Charlie, stay safe!