Building a Two-Paw 8 in Baltimore

Crazer

Not much to show yet, but I just spent four straight hours sanding the interior. Soon I'll actually have to buy paint. I'll be glad to have the sanding behind me. The noise and dust is hard on the senses. My wife bought me a nice pair of noise canceling headphones but even they have a hard time keeping up with the sound of a sander on a plywood hull. I actually made myself a longboard and used that on the outside because I find longboarding fairly pleasant and more intuitive than the orbital. One more coat of epoxy all around to seal up some areas I burned through while sanding and I'm calling it good. Then it'll be onto hardware, building the spars, and making a nice cover-all much more pleasant tasks!

Thanks for the encouragement Don. I am very much looking forward to sailing her in the spring. If all goes according to plan she'll travel with me to North Carolina next season on my Cape Dory. Maybe I'll run into some of you guys down there. I would love to see some other B&B boats in person.

• 3 weeks later...

Our plans are very fluid at the moment, so I'll say no more about it until we a better idea of when and where we'll be.

I've finally moved onto the painting stage of this project. First coat of primer went on the hull today. I have to say I'm very pleased with how it's turned out. Aside from a latent void in the plywood and a handful of pinholes there will be almost no additional filling needed before progressing to final finishing. All those hours of sanding paid off. I do have a little more filling and sanding on the interior, plus a final sealer coat of epoxy, but I'm waiting on a shipment of filler right now. I'm hoping to be moving onto hardware early next month with sea trials soon after.

143509777_10225855539882090_6930212992226505484_o.jpg

141858335_10225855539842089_7244551429892919532_o.jpg