Jump to content

Mark Rendelman

Stay at home order

Recommended Posts

I know at times like this we all hope for the best, but look at it this way now we have no excuse to put in extra time on our boat building projects and you might have extra help just sitting around with nothing to do. God bless America 🇱🇷

 

mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn't your "extra help" stay quarantined also? And if god blessed America wouldn't it have been better to not let COVID 19 happen at all? And just as an aside, this is an international forum. If you are going to tell your god to bless people, it should be all member of all countries.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Hirilonde said:

Shouldn't your "extra help" stay quarantined also? And if god blessed America wouldn't it have been better to not let COVID 19 happen at all? And just as an aside, this is an international forum. If you are going to tell your god to bless people, it should be all member of all countries.

I don't know why you attacked him over expressing a kind jester and a motivational prod to everyone.  And heck I sleep with my own quarantined helpB). So should I social distance with her now? :P as many others live in the same household with idled kids home from school or partners working from home . Oh FWIW my king size bed almost qualifies, unless she decides to kick me out of that in the near future. Then I will be in strict compliance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, what is this quarantine you speak of.....I have been busy building Matthew Flinders and haven’t kept up with the news.  Building a boat practically “garentees” your privacy!   My help just returned from a mission trip in Saipan, she is in her own private quarantine......or is she avoiding sanding??!!

 

Hope everyone stays safe in these rather trying times, I just lost a motorcycle friend to the virus.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hirilonde said:

Shouldn't your "extra help" stay quarantined also? And if god blessed America wouldn't it have been better to not let COVID 19 happen at all? And just as an aside, this is an international forum. If you are going to tell your god to bless people, it should be all member of all countries.

 

In replying to this, I intend no disrespect to no person or religious group. if you are offended by this, just don't read it.

 

For a quick answer to this, God, as believed in by Christians, which is the religion  the majority of people considering themselves as believers would identify with. is not responsible for the evil in the world, including disease. He created everything to be perfect, but our sin brought the bad things, including death, into the world. He chooses who he blesses, and who he doesn't. America in the beginning honored God, even though we were not established as a Christian country. He blessed us and protected us from many things. But in recent years, we have turned away from him. The Bible, in the Old Testament, shows how his people, the Jews, would do the same thing. They would honor God, and he would bless them, then they would turn away, and he would remove his "hand of protection" from them. That is where America is today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hirilonde— We all know that God loves America best of all!  (Tongue in cheek comment.  I don’t really mean that.)

 

@Mark Rendelman— Yes, it is a wonderful time to do boat stuff.  I repainted my boat’s interior, & varnished my fingers to the bone.  Since the pollen bloom is screaming, it is time to put the brush down & go sailing.  Can’t imagine what those poor non-boating saps are doing through all of this.  Second photo is an attempt to show the pine pollen on the hood of my navy blue truck.

5914D1EA-9392-4A86-9090-43E8DB2D04F1.jpeg

23452CE4-11AE-48F8-B447-2A36B39F654D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of staying at home means staying busy. I got permission to build a new  carriage  for the queen. So nice of herB) Nice post Chick,, and lets just say I am not trying to keep up with you though., but you give inspiration for old pharts, or maybe this young phart from you.:P

DSC00166.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well!

I had no idea that I would step on so many toes I do apologize if I got on somebody’s wrong side, Iam not a religious person by nature and to ask god to just bless America 🇺🇸 Was wrong of me , of course the entire world needs his blessings no mater their faith, at this time of  illness and death. As for the extra  help  it was ment to keep individuals in one household busy  I in no way would encourage any person or business world wide with lockdown and stay at home orders from there governments to break the law. Let’s hope that this ends soon and that we can get back to our so called normal lives.

 

mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mark Rendelman said:

Well!

I had no idea that I would step on so many toes I do apologize if I got on somebody’s wrong side, Iam not a religious person by nature and to ask god to just bless America 🇺🇸 Was wrong of me , of course the entire world needs his blessings no mater their faith, at this time of  illness and death. As for the extra  help  it was ment to keep individuals in one household busy  I in no way would encourage any person or business world wide with lockdown and stay at home orders from there governments to break the law. Let’s hope that this ends soon and that we can get back to our so called normal lives.

 

mark

The fact that you didn't mention that your help was in your household is what inspired me to reply at all.  Glad to read your explanation.  Staying busy is key during this time, and we probably all agree working on a boat is the best way to do that there is.

 

But I do think it is arrogant to say we need god's blessing.  Some of us don't believe he/she/it even exists. We are a diverse and multi-cultural group who may have nothing in common but a love for all things boat. The only way to have religious freedom is to have freedom from religion.

 

I will end with my favorite scripture:  Matthew 6:5-6

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hirilonde said:

The fact that you didn't mention that your help was in your household is what inspired me to reply at all.  Glad to read your explanation.  Staying busy is key during this time, and we probably all agree working on a boat is the best way to do that there is.

 

But I do think it is arrogant to say we need god's blessing.  Some of us don't believe he/she/it even exists. We are a diverse and multi-cultural group who may have nothing in common but a love for all things boat. The only way to have religious freedom is to have freedom from religion.

 

I will end with my favorite scripture:  Matthew 6:5-6

 

 

Professing ones faith and wishing people to be blessed is not forcing any religious faith on anyone.  This surely does not give you cooties. :P  And on the internet, where each and everyone of us login to read anything,  you do have freedom from religion each and every day if you choose. And the Lord does not promise us smooth sailing our entire lives. What he does promise is that he will stand along side of us during the storms. And I actually say a little pray, as your scripture suggests when I float a boat the first time and every follow up trip.  And in many cases new boats and even homes gets a blessing upon the original launching too. And that's also done in public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the sentiment Mark.  I took it as it was intended.  Stay safe and delegate the sanding as appropriate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I Paraphrase, all that come to me will have eternal life!

Those that are in aggressive denial of a higher entity  are usually the ones that are in the state of Do I believe, or not.  They are confused. They are very forward in there attacks on the truth.

Compassion and Prayer is what's needed.

  We talk about boats, and all sorts of things on this forum. I would hate if someone told us what we could talk about, and what we couldn't!   I love building boats, I love talking about boats, its just my thing, But if another subject comes up, I'm ready to go, nothing is off the table. I may not have much to add to certain subjects but I'm here, and I will reply with compassion and try to understand.

 

Scott

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, since proselytizing  and preaching are part of this forum I will add mine about Humanism, or Ubuntu as it is called in Africa.  "Let us not just take from this world, but give something to it".

 

 

And for any Muslims who may be a member:  Allahu Akbar!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.