Tent for CS20 M1

Anders, I have used a makeshift tent that works. I have a tarp that ties to the main mast and the mizzenmast mast. The edges of the tarp tie to eyelets along the rails. Then I open a golf umbrella under the center of the tarp to provide structure and headroom and to shed rain. The umbrella is 6ft in diameter. I also have a CS 20. There is ample room under the tarp for sleeping using a filler board between the centerboard trunk and the starboard seat. 

Sometime I might try a second tarp between the transom and the mizzenmast, with another golf umbrella underneath. 

I also thought about using the mizzenmast as a ridge pole for a large tent over the whole cockpit, but don’t like lowering the mizzenmast while the boat is in the water.

1 hour ago, Thrillsbe said:

I was told that a tent in the middle of the boat would cause the boat to swing on the anchor badly.  I abandoned my plans to do that, and was considering a tent aft of the0 mizzen..  I’m interested in how this works for you.

I haven't been in a windy anchorage with my Core Sound. A few times nudged up to shore, at docks, and in a quiet cove. If swinging was a problem I would try a stern anchor, take a line to shore, or raise enough of the mizzen to stabilize the boat. When observing keel boats at anchor I've seen some that fight it and some that lie head to wind. 

• 1 month later...