New Pics from the Swamp

High C

What a nice job, especially the color. I like the deck-cabin arrangement . It seems to give you a lot more day boat area. Are you able to still have any bunk decent lengths in the cabin?

Hey Oyster! No, no room to sleep, except maybe one person in the middle of the cabin with their legs sticking out into the cockpit. It's strictly a day boat now. And the cockpit has nearly double the room of the original design.

Great to hear from you! :D

Well, I can see my varnishing skills don't hold a candle to yours! Are you sure you didn't coat your rudder in glass (not meaning fiberglass) or something? The brightwork is absolutely beautiful. The tiller is going to be a joy to use as well. I'm in the process of laminating one from clear fir as I type (glue's drying). What did you use to make the rudderbox?

Thanks Stuart, but I must admit that my photography skills are better than my varnishing skills! There are some waves and ripples visible when you look at it at certain angles. I did 7 coats (West Marine's Skipper Varnish) on the transom and 4 on the rudder, plus epoxy on the bare wood underneath.

Fortunately, the rudder box was one of the things I got from Bruce (the rudder, too) when I bought the unfinished boat, so I'm not sure what it is. I think it's stainless steel! But it's less shiny than stainless usually looks. It's a VERY stout piece of gear.

Maybe Bruce will chime in on the rudder box material; he's still lurking around here somewhere. 8)

Maybe Bruce will chime in on the rudder box material; he's still lurking around here somewhere.

"Youuu rrrang?"... "Lurking" always reminds me of Lurch on the Addams Family. :lol:

!/4" sheet aluminum that I sanded cause it was kinda beat up.

(Scraps from a local aluminum fabricator.) :wink:

Lookin good, John! :thumbsup:

looking great! When do you think you'll let water near her?

Thanks TD.

I just saw your launch pics, way to go! I have the same problem, can't choose a name. My wife thinks she has a good one picked, but I'm still not sure. Gotta decide before the launching!

We're off to fabulous Florida next week, so it'll be mid August to launch.

Thanks Bruce...