Mistake in the offsets of Fly Fisher?

Ryan Young

I just got my copy of "More..." and I'm starting to draft the stations for the subject boat.  Both the Imperial and Metric offsets have a weird point at frame 7'0".  For a half breadth (Y) = 0  corresponds to Height (Z) of 10"/25.39 Cm.  Either this is in error, or there is something I do not understand.  The stations aft and forward have a height of 22/32, and 11/32.  Was the Height supposed to be 10/32 as opposed to 10"?

Found it.  I created a Spread Sheet that converted the dimensions to Inches and Metric.  Decimal point was in the wrong place on this dimension so that is why it is wrong on both version.

Imperial should be 3-2/32 

Metric should be  2.54

Please post photos as you build. Not seen anyone's photos of this boat yet.

Ah, still doesn't look right.  Looking at your profile on page 53,, it looks to me like that offset should be 0,0 or very close to it.  From stern to bow, the centerline heights are (in Cm) 6.65, 1.72, 2.54(?), .88, 2.72.

It may be awhile before I post a picture of a completed boat.  A picture of a MODEL may be forthcoming before the kudzu next blooms along the Ten-Tom.

Another possible kink in the offsets - Frame 12' 0"

Cm    0.00  2.72
          5.01  7.09    Looks to be in error.? Should be about 5.01 4.10?
          12.19  10.40

17.00  19.60

20.20   34.72

21.06   49.82
See attached for the way the printed set of offsets from page 52 plots.  The corresponding feet and inches offsets look as though the conversion is correct.

Frame 12-0 - Graph - [iTools.SubhashBose.com].png

I will be honest, I am confused. I have multiple versions on the computer for this boat where I played with it over the years.

I did find one version that 'appears' to the correct one and appears that it it 1" to high and should be 1-25/32".

I will have to spend some time later on and get this straightened out before we print any more books.