Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Mark Rendelman

Build of hull #24

Recommended Posts

Well things have moved along nicely I glued the stringers on all 4 hull panels using a tent with a space heater over night worked out nicely, after removing the blocks and rounding the corners I am ready to glue the side and bottom panels, after dry fitting a pair of panels together I did have some problems with the joint at the bow. No matter how much I tried to bring them together they would not tighten together. looking past the stitch seam the area just behind was butting tight and not allowing the stitch seam to come together so I removed a little material with a block plane to bring it together after trying this process several times I got it as close as the rest of the panels allowed because at this point the first square cut stitch was hitting hard against its matching notch. After blocking the stitch seam down with the glass tape and epoxy I moved my attention to the 95 11/16 “ dimension at the back of the boat, now that I have done it I found that the stitch seam at the bow really does set the distance at the back of the boat.with just a little pressure I was able to bring the 95 11/16”%to 95 3/4” and that’s all I’ll say about that. Tented the work area and left a heat lamp on to keep it warm. During the previous days I did work the transom center doubler and bulkhead #1 doublers in anticipation of going 3D in a couple of days.

A44B4FD2-FE68-4CE3-BC2D-14AC5826A89B.jpeg

2D083719-8241-4FD5-AD9E-6D64EDAFE8EC.jpeg

B32E7A93-9005-410B-B890-542DCD469380.jpeg

85C2BB58-721D-4CBD-AE73-9A8EC54DC3C4.jpeg

C7DE5557-68DF-4146-A102-3FA1870195E2.jpeg

CA72078A-9DBD-4C79-AAC9-1169D8FB785B.jpeg

45E9547D-256F-4557-A4E6-5C2BA5D770AE.jpeg

368C90F1-BC41-4467-8093-AE43606A9245.jpeg

CBCD16DD-23FA-42DD-8ED7-7B31D510E04E.jpeg

192E2B9E-713B-4F58-965E-AFEE2BA8F3FD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good Mark!

 

I found the interference you mentioned in the bottom-side joint and made a correction in the kit file. When we adjusted the hull panels to account for the neutral axis bending of the side panels the shape changed slightly. This won't effect anything going together. It's always nice to see measurements come on right. I saw it over and over with my kit but it remains a happy surprise that doesn't get old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  


Supporting Members

Supporting Members can create Clubs, photo Galleries, don't see ads and make messing-about.com possible! Become a Supporting Member - only $12 for the next year. Pay by PayPal or credit card.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.