plywood size

Hawgster

I have been trying to find good plywood (marine okoume, baltic birch) locally (New Mexico) and not having any luck. It is starting to look like I will need to have plywood shipped to me. Having the plywood cut into smaller pieces will save tremendously on shipping costs. I would like to know what would be the optimal size to have these pieces cut into from a 4x8 sheet? I am looking at building a Poco Barta or Curlew. 

Have you looked for Baltic Birch? For the money it is a better choice.... no nearly as pricey as true marine ply and if your near a larger city you can probably find it. Last I bought was $30 +/- a sheet. Price does vary pretty widely though.

Search Google for plywood or plywood dealers or maybe wood suppliers. Look for the ones that supply commercial wood shops or cabinet shops.  I use Google maps and find the ones out in the industrial areas, not the retails sectors. (Some people have found it at Lowes or Home Depots but I have never seen it.) Call and see if they have Baltic Birch in 5' x 5' sheets. That is the perfect size for one of my boats and only true BB, imported from Russia, comes in 5x5 sheets.