stringer length

Hawgster

Hello forum members this is my first post, I found the posts on this forum very interesting and informative. I discovered a fairly clean 16 foot cedar plank at a near by home improvement store. I ripped it and got 6 decent boards plus an additional board that would be good for scarfing. I am planning on building the Poco Barta. I would like to ask if someone would tell me if 16 feet is long enough for the gunwales, chines and keel or would I have to scarf a little extra in order to build the Poco Barta? I am also considering the Curlew. I recently lofted and built a Seabee 13 foot for my wife so now it is time to build myself a decent kayak. 

I found the answer to my question in a much earlier post. A similar question was asked with the same post title. The answer was to add a foot to the overall length of the boat to the stringers. Now I have to decide to either scarf wood for the Poco Barta or just build the Curlew without having to do any scarfing. 

Thanks for your reply. I just finished a Seabee 13 foot and put it in the water last week. I scarfed all the stringers on that one. My decision is based more on which kayak will fulfill my needs for use on inland lakes in New Mexico. Even though I like the idea of using non-scarfed stringers.