Nz ob20 #54

Casey

Thanks for the encouragement. I started in January this year. I had the plans one year prior to then, but couldn't start as I had a speed bump in the form of building a new 10.5m x 7m shed to build her in. And every man needs a beer chair in his shead!  Cheers Casey.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ready for fiberglass. I decided to laminate a 25×25mm outer keel around stem and forefoot that will scarf onto the existing keel design which ill screw a 25×3mm stainless band to finish off.  

Ive also lightly skimmed the side strakes with fairing compound and longboarded smooth and fair. Whats everyones train of thought when it comes to fiberglassing..wet method? Or dy method? Or sealed and sanded then glass. Any advice would be appreciated

20190815_203525.jpg

20190815_203558.jpg

That is looking very nice!  I have always used the dry method when applying glass and have never had a problem yet.. I make sure the hull is dry and clean, lay out the cloth and smooth out any wrinkles. Normally start in the am and do 4 pieces over 4 days, sanding the seams on the chine and stem so as to make for a nice bubble free transition. Hope this helps :)

• 2 weeks later...