Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hagan

Rollback - Posts may be missing

In my efforts to reduce costs where I could I made what was, in retrospect, a bad decision and moved to a less expensive server back around Jan. 4th. After several days on the new server, I realized it just wasn't worth the downtime and problems getting things to run smoothly. I have reverted back to my prior data center in Dallas, on the more reliable server. While it costs me about $22 more per month, it is at least stable.

BUT, that means posts from about the 4th or 5th until today are lost to the ages, and I won't be able to recover them. You may have posted, replied, etc. and now they are gone. It's nothing personal, just my screw-up!

Thanks, guys!

I have to kick myself for moving from a supplier I had been with, completely trouble free, for three years. The thing is, I went with another company for the server in Las Vegas that I respect and have had good luck with in the past. And the lure of saving $264 a year in server fees was pretty strong. But it wasn't worth the hassle. With the donations from the Supporting Members, hosting fees I charge for others and occasional ad revenue I'm at a break even point. So no tears, just a lesson learned.