Ravenswood laminated beam4

klummis

Nothing says Christmas in Canada like making a kayak with snow on the ground.  I do have some questions regarding the Ravenswood laminated deck beam.  The assembly manual ver 5.1 has the laminated deck beam section but not specific to the Ravenswood.  I don't have the dimensions that are necessary. 

1. When I eyeball where the deck beam will go it appears the starboard and port beams will go above the deck beam, and the center beam will go below.  Is this correct?  I found a picture that shows all three underneath.  It will be a major bend on the port and starboard deck beams to get them underneath.

2. Are there specific dimensions for the curve, or a method for me to get the proper curve?

I have included a couple of pictures.  The beams still have to be cut to a shortened length.

Electrical ties are just holding everything in place before I lash it.

KJ Lummis

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

It would be a little easier to tell if your laminated beam was in your pictures. But regardless, are you aware that the top surfaces of your two beams end up flush with the top surface of the laminated beam? I haven't looked at the plans for a while, so I don't recall if they show notches, but that's how I did my Shortshot. 

20181227_200950.jpg

Sorry, I was traveling over the Holidays and missed this.  

Since  you ordered a kit I am confused why you are asking about getting the curve right? It came with the laminated beam. Have you tried to just put in place and see how it fits?

But the center deck beam goes under and the outer two on top.