Another Newbie

Wommasehn

Hi everybody, 

I think, its time to step out of the dark: I am Tobias, I have been reading most posts in these forums (well , certainly a lot) during the last year or so - enough to feel well aquainted to those of you who post frequently. So it may be a good idea to show myself and say hello. I am impressed by the competence of many posts and by the openness of many questions - and I have often laughed about some posts. 

I do sailing and hobby-woodworking for most of my life allthough I haven't built a boat yet. But I own a plywood sailboat and dream of building another one - one day. Later there will be questions to ask and maybe even stories to tell. 

Looking forward to further communication - and wishing all of you  a blessed christmass-time.

Tobias

2018-10-04 12.31.21.jpg

16 hours ago, Wommasehn said:

Hi everybody, 

I think, its time to step out of the dark: I am Tobias, I have been reading most posts in these forums (well , certainly a lot) during the last year or so - enough to feel well aquainted to those of you who post frequently. So it may be a good idea to show myself and say hello. I am impressed by the competence of many posts and by the openness of many questions - and I have often laughed about some posts. 

I do sailing and hobby-woodworking for most of my life allthough I haven't built a boat yet. But I own a plywood sailboat and dream of building another one - one day. Later there will be questions to ask and maybe even stories to tell. 

Looking forward to further communication - and wishing all of you  a blessed christmass-time.

Tobias

2018-10-04 12.31.21.jpg

You mean laughed at some of the old geezer posters like that feller Chick?:P I agree .  What type of sailing hull do you own?  Heres hoping that you along with the rest of the bunch will have a good Christmas too..

HEY! No difference in opinion on the sugar content of ice tea if you're a REAL Southerner! No, NOT southern Australia.

Tobias, What kind of sailboat do you have now? Any thoughts of what you would like to build in the future? Winter's the time to be thinking about it.

5 hours ago, Ken_Potts said:

Welcome aboard, Tobias.

No one here should ever complain when you post more pictures of your boat and we'll try to be gentle if our opinions of the proper sugar content of iced tea differ.

Well that's not a real issue for some of us. The ones of us that's already sweet enough do not require additional additives to deal with it. :P

Hi Guys, 

thanks very much for the warm welcome! 

Sugar in iced tea probably won't be an issue with me as I am a northerner anyway - you might see it in my nickname - allthouth I live in the south-west for more than 30 years now. Precisely in Tübingen, south-western Germany......

Of course I will post pics of my boat and I even plan a description as this will lead to my Great Question eventually. But not tonight.

Heres one for starters: 

2018-10-04 12.32.19.jpg