dutch OB 20

dutch ob 20

Hi Jan,

I too, am building an OB20.  We're going to have beautiful boats, aren't we?   I'm two years and about two inches (50.8mm?) ahead of you.  My thread, which I don't post to as frequently as I should, is HighDesert. 

It appears that our experience is somewhat similar.  I'm a semi-handy guy and I've built a couple of kit boats.  It turns out I enjoy the building more than using them...so far.  Heck, I grew up on the Great Plains and now I live in the desert...what's a boat good for anyway?  I'm thinking (hoping) that might change with the launch of the OB20.  

Keep up the good work Jan, post often and I'll try to keep up.

Carter

18 hours ago, HighDesert said:

Hi Jan,

I too, am building an OB20.  We're going to have beautiful boats, aren't we?   I'm two years and about two inches (50.8mm?) ahead of you.  My thread, which I don't post to as frequently as I should, is HighDesert. 

It appears that our experience is somewhat similar.  I'm a semi-handy guy and I've built a couple of kit boats.  It turns out I enjoy the building more than using them...so far.  Heck, I grew up on the Great Plains and now I live in the desert...what's a boat good for anyway?  I'm thinking (hoping) that might change with the launch of the OB20.  

Keep up the good work Jan, post often and I'll try to keep up.

Carter

Hi Cater

Yes it is a beautiful boat and my wife enjoys sailing and I enjoy building it.
I hope to have her ready in the summer.
are you going to dig a canal in the desert?

Hi Jan, 

A canal to get me out of here...that's a ridiculous idea, but I've heard worse.   Actually, I'm researching the shortest route to blue water right now, but hoping a trailer will do the trick. 

Jan, you'll find lots of great information on this forum.   You can ask questions directly, learn from other folk's questions, or scroll through the several years of discussions.  You'll always learn from these guys.   There are a few professionals and lots of really knowledgeable armatures here...plus, a Young Master, an Old Master, a Magician and more than a couple Wizards.

I'm watching you.

Carter