STILL ON-->B&B Messabout 2018

Alan Stewart

The Old Codger and I plan on getting there Friday afternoon some time. Looks like 9o% chance of rain, and about 1/2 inch total on Saturday. But great the other days. Weatherman must still be after me. Rained on our last two camping trips. Oh well, Codger and I will just snuggle up with a mess of that good ol' eastern Carolina barbecue and a jug of Real Southern Sweet Tea that Miss Carla and the gang always have for us. See y'all then! Good Lord willin' an' the crick don't rise. NO, wait, better not say that.......

I don't know where you are getting your weather forecast for Friday. But two outlets says sunny and partially sunny and about 5 to 10 mph winds. Sat is cloudy and about 50 percent chance of rain with 15 mph winds.  At least its going to be warm, in the 70s in the daytime. 

Oyster. Mine comes from the weather channel for Little Washington. I like yours better!

Steve. I believe that Don (Thrillsbe) will be tent camping.

14 minutes ago, roam said:

I'll be camping. I plan on arriving Friday morning or late Thursday if it's allowed.

-Hugh

Probably a good reply would be come when you want, stay as long as you like and while you are there, do some sanding with the gang that may be hanging out around the joint.:P:D.

All right, since the availability of Hotels was limited due to flooding and my procrastination, and bringing enough supplies on the plane to properly camp is tough, I just rented a van and it's going to be like 1976 all over again! See you Friday. Somebody throw in a chair for me and I'll be forever grateful.

All, ill be adding pictures to this google album during the messabout for those following along at home. Feel free to join and add your pictures.

Messabout 2018 google album

We also have a messabout facebook page here.

Messabout facebook page.

I'm curious what the starboard foredeck bracket and pin are for on Carlita (always curious to hear what Graham's latest invention is). The material appears to be star-board. It looks like Graham's rebuilt his sprits?

Also wondering if the wind vane plans or kit are still in the works, or maybe available?

Thanks, so far, for posting the great pictures - they're really fun to look at.

A great group of folks gathered and a few words were spoken between filling their faces and bellies with fine food. There was probably 15 or more boats of assorted species there. By the way the food  included sweet and unsweetened tea to wash down the fried chicken. ;) Even with the one day of drizzle rain a few wondered onto the water.  On Sunday its expected to be sunny and plenty of winds for anyone staying around.  I was able to take a few pictures even though the darker hulls do not show up as well.  But maybe these will do until others come along with better shots. Oh I forgot to say that the Old Codger looked mighty nice from the outside. But he  did not give me a pass to get on board to check and see if he had added the beer cooler ballast though..:P

IMG_2455.JPG

IMG_2451.JPG

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

IMG_2443.JPG

IMG_2454.JPG

Oyster, sorry you didn't get aboard. But, no beer cooler ballast. Sweet tea ballast was in place.

The Old Codger and I are sorry that we had to come home early. I've been having a medical problem.Enough about that. We had a great time re-visiting old friends, and meeting new ones. I'll write a bit more and add some pictures soon.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:06 AM, Alan Stewart said:

All, ill be adding pictures to this google album during the messabout for those following along at home. Feel free to join and add your pictures.

Messabout 2018 google album

We also have a messabout facebook page here.

Messabout facebook page.

Could you make the facebook messabout page public for those of us without facebook accounts?

thanks,

Hugh