STILL ON-->B&B Messabout 2018

Alan Stewart

Just a reminder that we are still full steam ahead for the annual B&B Messabout at our shop. 

http://bandbyachtdesigns.com/messabout/

Many in our state are still suffering the effects of Hurricane Florence (still underwater even) but we are fortunate that the water has receded and our cleanup efforts seem to be working. We hope this will be another fun filled gathering of all our friends and family in our little corner of the world to enjoy good weather (fingers crossed), good company, good food, and great boats. 

We are also planning to start an new Messabout tradition. A RACE (yes race) although informal from Chapel Creek just off our dock to some point off Vandemere perhaps a marker to be determined and back to the dock. It is a short course. The idea simply is to get everyone out on the water together. No classes or anything just whatever you brought. Kayaks and tenders may run a shorter course to be determined. In fact it's really all "to be determined" but we'll determine it before you arrive so just bring your boat and a paddle or sails and we'll see you there. Some sort of perpetual trophy will be given!

Hope to see you all there. 

• Like 1

Steve,... I plan to arrive Friday am after an overnight at Big Mill Bed & Breakfast in Williamston, NC.  I'm overnighting it there also Sunday on the way home.  It's just an hour & a quarter from the B & B shop -- but it takes a big rough edge off the.trips to/from home.

I'd welcome you aboard Chessie for the sailing activities.  We could trade off at the helm -- each of us getting experience with the CS20.3. Maybe we could get Alan to demonstrate some good techniques.

But I'll cancel if the weather predicts NASTY.  Keep fingers crossed.

I always intend to stay for a day or two, but usually head home Monday. I'll see if Old Codger wants to stay. If you go to Ocrocoke, save some time to go across the inlet to Portsmouth Island and the abandoned whaling and fishing village of Portsmouth. It's part of the national park system and great fun to explore. But watch out for the State Bird, the skeeter!

Hi Chick, that was part of the original plan, let’s see if Florence has made any big changes.  I hope Portsmouth and Ocrocoke’s damage is minimal.  On the 16 Messabout we anchored several days in the various bays and creeks on the Neuse River,  Carol caught some beautiful speckled trout.  I am sure a good time will be had by all!

Sally and I plan to stay a few days after the Messabout. We are hoping to get a couple of nights at anchor.  We do not have a destination in mind.  We will see what the wind and weather bring.

Paul

Totally understand the difficulty of the trip. We will miss you.