Problem with Shad assembly

HBREW

I have started assembly on my Shad sof after receiving plans last week.  I cannot see how  frame 2.0 will attach to the stern or frame 15.7 will attach to the bow. These frames appear to be

undersized.  Is there something I am looking at wrong or misunderstanding?

IMG_0223.JPG

I guess I need to reopen this post as what I thought I resolved doesn't work. If this plan calls for a tab and slot method for bow and stern assembly, frame 2.0 and 15.7 do not have slots, but it appears the stern and bow are designed to go through slots. The brackets for 2.0 and 15.7 block the stringer slots when the  frames are put in place also. There is a possibility I could fit the stern but the bow assembly to me does not look possible. Would someone shed some light on this.   Thanks

The frames rest on  the bow and stern ends, on the long tab at the back, not on top of the stringer like the other boats. You mount the frames to the brackets while on top of the bow/stern end. Once you start lashing stringers it is gets very solid.

I am about to build a shad and will have a photo in a couple of days if you need it. Just finishing up frames today for it.

• Like 1

Thanks again for the information on the bow and stern. I have come across another issue I would like some guidance on. My instructions say to cut the Floor Boards 6-3/8" by 35" long. It appears these are to be installed between 6'11" and 8'7" pretty much flush with the ends of the frames about 21" on my frame. This seems to be how they are on what I can find on the forum. Please let me know the correct length.   Thanks

Looks like we overlooked the notes when i redesigned the frame. so yea, that is little long.  I am about to start to assemble the SHAD in the shop this afternoon of tomorrow morning.  I can verify on the boat what it needs to be but you need 1"-1.5" past the frames. Just enough to drill the holes to lash the seats in the place.  Don't hold me to this but I think 24" is about right.  If you can't wait just measure and add the extra.