Alan Stewart

B&B Preps for Florence

Get the heck out of dodge.  This one ain't messing around.  Lives can't be fixed w/ some epoxy and 'glass.  I'm old enough to remember both Camille and Agnes in Virginia.

Sending our best wishes from Oz and hoping that you all stay safe and preparations minimise the damage.

A buddy of mine who wholesales drugs moved all his stock up to the top shelves for a hurricane. When the water rose, the shelves floated and fell over. Make sure of the stability of your preps.

Best of luck to you all but please get out'a Dodge!

Looks like you have some good hands on family support. Thanks for keeping us updated when you have the time. We will be thinking of you.

Florence look scary. Any boat builders in that region that needs a place to stay......I live in upstate NY. We have room. Private message me. I'm serious.

Damn, but I send all my love. To all y’all down there. We have fam lost all their stuff in Houston last year.

Just stuff.

Be safe. Everyone.

Peace,

Robert

Hi Alan,

Just echoing everyone else's thoughts and concerns from the west side. It sure looks from the maps I've seen that it'll be a direct hit. We're hoping for the best, and will be watching closely from here. All the best to everyone.

Fred

Chick, you better batten down the hatches, too.  The mountains aren't used to the kind of rain a storm like this can bring.  My first hurricane was Hugo and although it was fun in Raleigh, it left scars on the mountains for years.  My very favorite mountain biking trail ran through a bunch of Hugo damage (but maybe we shouldn't talk about why fallen logs are fun for mountain bikes because there might be youngsters listening).  It may be time to buy 30 gallons of milk and all the bread Harris Teeter can supply (wink wink)...  I won't mention the tea, sugar and viennas because I know you'll already have them in good supply.

I hope New Bern, Vandemere, Morehead City, (and everybody else) don't take too hard a hit.

Has anyone heard from Graham or Alan? Google Earth (not too accurate on elevations) shows that the shop is at an elevation of 1 meter. Any word on flooding?