Opening windshield on the cheap

Oyster

Yes sir, When you don't like the high dollar prices for the Perko stuff. you make your own. I took hex head bolts and counterbored the frame for the heads  and did the same in the window frame wood. Then I made up some fast set thickened epoxy and a small block for a nice clearance when sliding open and stuck the bolt backwards in place.  Make sure the glue is thick enough that the bolt stays fairly straight. You can check it during the curing process and adjust it a bit if the bolt drops a bit during the drying process.  Cut as many notches in your sliders as you wish. Then I took flat washers and put on both sides of the slider and used a locking nut on the windshield one and will be using a wing nut at the frame for the adjustment notch location .

IMG_2180.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2183.JPG

IMG_2184.JPG

Nice solution for an expensive problem.  I was shocked to see the prices on the Perko stuff but did find a pair on Ebay pretty cheap.  The package was all faded but the adjusters were fine.  It never occurred to me to make my own.  i probably spend as much time to fit the Perko ones to my windshield as you made your own.

Egbert

10 hours ago, ejds said:

Nice solution for an expensive problem.  I was shocked to see the prices on the Perko stuff but did find a pair on Ebay pretty cheap.  The package was all faded but the adjusters were fine.  It never occurred to me to make my own.  i probably spend as much time to fit the Perko ones to my windshield as you made your own.

Egbert

While I have some finish work to do, my boat was and is not built to the standard that your boat finished off at.  I just thought I would add some of the details to this group of mostly homebuilders that may save them both money and execute some fixes on other threads that may add some additional room to the interior spaces while also saving some work in the process..