Double Corded + Rub Strips -- photos?

PNWSOF

I'm building a Tadpole with my son, after he outgrew his Kidyak.  In earlier boats I've done the skin in two pieces and stapled at the gunwales, but I'm going to try using the double-corded stitch and a rub strip this time around.  I've read up on the stitch and watched a bunch of videos, but I'm having a hard time visualizing the transition from the double-corded seam to the stapled overlaps under the rub strip.  How does one terminate the double-corded stitching?  On a pointy ended boat like Tadpole (and the Ravenswood that's in the pipeline behind it), how far down the stem/stern does the double-corded stitching end up going?  (I suspect that's one of those things that will become clear once stitching is underway, but rough guidance would be appreciated.)  If anyone's got pictures showing what they've done, I'd appreciate links!

Thanks,

Brad

Thanks.  That's helpful.  How do you keep the ends of the welting cord tidy?  Are they visible, or do you stop the cord just short of the top of the bow and then do something with the (cord-free) folds to tidy them up before the bow?

Also, I've seen some recommend that you do the seam first and then the bow/stern, while others suggest getting the bow/stern secured before doing the seam.  I don't want to start a war (though this seems like a friendly place), but suggestions are welcomed -- especially if anyone's got experience with a Tadpole, in particular.

Brad,

I tried taking photos of my boat, but it's glossy black along the seam and doesn't really show much in the pictures.

I'm assuming you're in the Pacific NW. If you're on the wet side, near Grays Harbor County, we can arrange a meet and you can take a look at my Ravenswood.