JP's OB20

JPower210

I figured a bit of an update was in order-  I started my build quite a while ago, but competing projects have taken priority- full refit of a Westsail 32, etc...  But I am back at it.  I have spent the last couple of weeks spending quality time with the long board.  Or as the case may be, the sorta long board with the flare of the OB's topsides at the bow.  I think I have hit the end though.  Plan is to spray primer later this week, block sand it, and then spray finish coats by this coming weekend.  Most of my time is in the evenings, after the little ones are in bed, so I don't get long blocks of time to work.  If all goes to plan, I'll let the paint cure next week while we are out of town and flip her when I get back.  It's nice, (with the exception of longboard sanding) to take a break from the repair/refit on the Westsail and work with new construction.

IMG_2956.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2959.jpg

Slow but steady progress.... she is off the jig and upright.  Hanging "in the slings" until I put a metal keel guard on later tonight and then I'll drop her on the trailer and start on glassing the inside.  I really like the System 3 WR-LPU, but I hate spraying it.  Rolling and tipping is tough as I am usually working alone.  I'll need to wet sand and buff, but on the other hand I won't feel too bad if I get something on the topsides as I finish out the interior.  Flipping was fairly drama free-  block and tackle on each aft corner and used the bow eye as a pivot-  just moved slow and thought about the next step.  

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

Thanks Ken-  I have to get my mental motivation up a little to get going on all the glass work that is next.  Just a matter of picking the next milestone-  I think mine will be getting the cockpit sole down-  off to go mix some epoxy...  ?