Just want to say thanks

Steve,

My son has left for HI so I will be deciding this weekend on a price for Salty.

I will let you know.

I might consider your 12 as a down payment. I have been lusting one like yours for a long time. In fact ever since I saw you sailing it at St Michaels, MD. Maybe we could make a deal that would save you some cash.

dale

It would be tough to make that deal. I haven't sailed it in awhile, but it has a lot of sentimental value. Here's why: My mom was a gifted crafts person. Art teacher, seamstress, cabinet maker. When I was a kid she used to make me and my three sisters Halloween costumes for the school contest. It would be the Warfle kids winning each of their grades and everybody else vying for second. When she passed she had been sick  for a number of years and my kids kind of missed learning all the things from her I and their older cousins had.

So I thought what better way to honor her than to work on a family project. I went to St Michaels in 2010 and got the idea a boat was just the project. The 11N was our choice. Mom's name was Suzanne Josephine, hence the Suzy J.

018.thumb.JPG.30f3e80f773e2f0a7c80956f3b739a1b.JPG

I'm not an emotional guy, but when I won first place in the contemporary class at St Michael's for that build, which I was not expecting, I had tears. Not because winning a ribbon there is so hard, but because of all the great memories I'd had with my mom. I'm sure in this picture she's sketching something she would go on to build.

EK_0034.thumb.JPG.5d147f06e8d95d99a669eb1b7a43ba77.JPG

But the kids are older now, so let me think about it.