Keel length-Vardo

Nate

Hi

I've got all the frames and stringers bungeed on for my Vardo and need to attach the stern and keel next, however I have a quick question about keel length and the plans. The plans say that the keel should be 14'2" but the first and last frame are 15'3 and 1'9" with probably about 2.5" of keel past the last frame into the bow and stern notch. This would only come to a length of 13"11". Not sure if I am just nitpicking or if I somehow missed another 3 inches somewhere?

Also do you recommend lashing the bow and stern to the keel and deck beams before cutting and filing the gunnel and stringers?

Thanks!
Nate

IMG_20180415_200117.jpg

• Like 1

Following up with another question. Once the gunnels and chines are shaped to the bow and stern do you lash them right away or should the rest of the boat be lashed first? To me it seems like it would be best to start in the center and lash towards the ends but I want to make sure this is correct. Thanks!