Pete McCrary

A Two Paw 7 build, "Catnip" . .

The port-side gunwale trimmed:

image.thumb.jpeg.0076c5bdf8c0e56d281410f9f88d708b.jpeg

Also the LWL is marked.  Next I'll do the tac welding.

I'm tenatively planning to paint the bottom (all below the LWL) red, topsides & gunwales finished "bright," and all else battleship gray.

Hey Pete,

How about posting "the rest of the story"?  I'm interested in building one of these (at the moment, subject to change without notice).  I sure would like to see the rest of your work.

1 hour ago, Thrillsbe said:

Hey Pete,

How about posting "the rest of the story"?  I'm interested in building one of these (at the moment, subject to change without notice).  I sure would like to see the rest of your work.

You are?

I've been busy with Chessie, cruising her, and dealing with an unreliable Tohatsu OBM.  Just dumped the OBM and ordered a 2018 Honda 4hp long shaft with f-n-r and a 6 amp gen.  Major drawbacks: it's 60 lbs instead of 40 lbs and more $$.  I've also ordered a Raymarine TC1000 Plus tiller pilot.  That will make solo sailing much easier and safer.  Hopefully I'll get back to "Catnip" in time to have her at the October Messabout -- at least in her underware.

At least the rubrails are glued on.  Sorry, wrong pix.

image.thumb.jpeg.bd5023c8dba3161d3a3298c6291fde5f.jpeg

Sunrise on the Corsica River.  Chessie attended the CRYClub's annual regatta.

image.thumb.jpeg.cba970bda29a240fea7cec432f26e5e9.jpeg

Needed a tow back to the ramp at Centreville.

image.thumb.jpeg.803a30873ea68f83f7b7b670395cd986.jpeg

Thamkful for the tow from a fellow Chesapeake CatBoat Association member.  I was able to cancel an $800 tow from USBoats.  Just that would pay for Catnip.  That tow was the "final straw" re the Tohatsu lemon.