OC20/B in Biloxi MS USA

Riggs

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

So after a rather nasty week. ( I had to put my hound to sleep due to her fear of thunderstorms which has been ongoing for 4 years, she was getting very destructive  and my wife and i were hostages in our own home. ) Nuff whining :) 

The Boat has been turned over which was a task in itself but only due to my gravel driveway. Turning it over was not very hard but the piano dolly's i had under it did not do well when they ran of the plywood onto the gravel. That being said it is done and i am very happy with the end result.  I think we had a bout 9 or 10 body's .  here are a few pic's :) I think this might be the largest 20' boat i have seen and is starting to look right sexy like 

DSCN2510.JPG

DSCN2512.JPG

DSCN2513.JPG

DSCN2514.JPG

DSCN2515.JPG

DSCN2516.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Working on a little pipework. Looking towards a fuel tank now. My math tells me i can shoehorn 85 gallons in under the console amidships. Those oil rigs are far :)

Right now i am trying to figure how to drain live well and fish box overboard and not into the bilge, then out through hull drain. Then is some sort of scupper arrangement through the live well and electrical box then out under the swim deck. Think i gonna try some underwater lights also

DSCN2647.JPG

DSCN2648.JPG

DSCN2649.JPG

DSCN2650.JPG

DSCN2651.JPG

DSCN2652.JPG

DSCN2653.JPG

Thank you both Lotus and Lenm.  I am leaning towards a 115 yamaha for the fuel burn. 3.5 gph@3500 RPM giving me a huge fuel range but want the bigger tank for possible bigger motor. A lot of folks who look at the boat are sumwhat stunned at the motor size. Do not think they get the whole cold moulded boat being lite thing, but i would like the boat to be able to make those off shore rigs with fuel to spare.  As to all the thinking it makes my brain hurt ? right now i am trying to find the fittings for the hydraulics in the swim deck so as to make for a nice neat connection to motor not knowing what to call them makes for a hard search. 

Riggs I hear you re pondering, I think I have spent more time doing this than hands on work.

Were you planning a self draining deck? Is there enough deck height on the OC's for a gravity type arrangement or will have to be pumped out via bilge?

Yes lenm it will be self draining. My issue is in my wisdom i have placed a fish box, live well and electrical compartment across the entire transom. My plan is to use 2 Ball type scuppers through the transom into the compartment below the live well and the same on the starboard side, then with pipe bring them through the bulkhead onto the deck level of the boat. It looks to me like there is a good few inch's right next to the bracket web's. The pics show were i am planning on the pipe that will come through the bulkhead which is not there yet ?. If anyone has a better idea please please tell me.

DSCN2665.JPG

DSCN2666.JPG

Thank you thank you

The boat is gonna be a fishing machine. Folks round here think nothing about doing round trips in excess of 150 miles. Run out to the oil rigs then east and west along the coast looking for the fish.  As soon as i get a quote back on a gas tank i will have some real idea of fuel range capacity. 

• 10 months later...

Well after a rather long break from boat building ( I was going rather fibreglass crazy ?) also had a few things around the house to tend to i am back on the OC 20B . After a good dusting it was back into the bilge to finish out glassing the interior. Also i have cut the shear clamp back to allow the fordeck and gunwhales to go on and am starting to think about foaming in under the deck so as to get it in and myself alot more comfortable when working in there.  Anyone know of a good product for a liquid foam? it is a first for me. Personally i am thrilled to be out of the bilge. Next task is gonna be a right good sanding of the bulwarks before priming. Then a trip to New Orleans to pickup the last of the ply for deck, fishbox and combings ETC. 

DSCN3086.JPG

DSCN3087.JPG

DSCN3088.JPG

DSCN3089.JPG

DSCN3090.JPG

DSCN3091.JPG

DSCN3092.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

Bee doing a little more on the OC20-B   dry fitting the gunwhales, decks and fore deck. made some hatches and am generally just beavering away at it. I have a little bit of concern over the profile on the fore deck but i think if i remove it and cut away a little more on the shear right up by the bow it should sort itself out. My wife say's i am just over thinking it but i am sure there is a little and i mean little run of. The first second and third pictures show it. The forth is my new helper sleeping on the job :)

DSCN3105.JPG

DSCN3106.JPG

DSCN3111.JPG

DSCN3023.JPG

DSCN3107.JPG

DSCN3108.JPG

DSCN3109.JPG

DSCN3110.JPG

DSCN3111.JPG

DSCN3112.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A little more progress on the Oc 20.  Gunwhales have been fixed and are close to being ready to glass. Need a little more sanding on those rounded edges with a profiled block maybe, just not quite happy with them yet.  Have installed rub rails which i am hoping to glass with the gunwhales one time and will be painted with a stainless rail. Finished out the shape of the bench forward and made some hatches. The hatches on the transom for fish box and bait well are gonna go i think as i do not like them. Have the console roughed out and kinda ready for glass. Also have fixed the swim deck down and am ready to get that all glassed out and into primer. Got a price on a custom gas tank and had to pick myself up of the floor, guess that will be next

DSCN3122.JPG

DSCN3123.JPG

DSCN3124.JPG

DSCN3125.JPG

DSCN3126.JPG

DSCN3127.JPG

DSCN3129.JPG

DSCN3130.JPG

DSCN3131.JPG

DSCN3132.JPG