Ravenswood in Melbourne, Aus

coucal

Ravenswood, frames and coaming in hoop pine ply, stringers in WRC, polyester skin bought from the Kudzu store finished with clear Aquacote 2-part polyurethane.

Mr Horton's book is right - I was so desperate to get the boat in the water during the last bit of fitout it almost sent me crazy.

Then it was suddenly finished, and I just stood around looking at it, putting off and putting off the 'flotation trials'... 

IMG_20180117_152534708_HDR.jpg

Boat on the car.  I really wanted that translucent finish.

IMG_20180117_163105743.jpg

Edited by coucal
added more pics

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Tony,

Sorry I didn't get back to you about the skin, but if that's your Stonefly on the Yarra in the launching pages it looks like everything worked out perfectly - it looks great.

For the record, I potentially could have saved some money buying local (as ever in Australia, postage is a killer) but given my experiments trying to buy local sinew (I had to try three times from three different suppliers to find sinew that looked good and didn't snap) I was worried that I'd waste time and money buying something, finding it wasn't quite right, then buying a replacement.  

I bought the Aquacote finish online from Boatcraft Pacific in Sydney.  What did you use?

Cheers,

Jack