Sign in to follow this  
PeterP

Cruising in Charleston,SC

I have a family get together in Charleston, SC next May and I thought -why not take Petrel down there. Any suggestions as to good launch facilities would be welcome. PeterP

I took Southbound out of the water once at Remley's point boat ramp.  I put the boat in the water at a ramp at or near the Charleston City Marina.  I can't remember where I parked the truck, but it was probably at a friend's house.  I don't remember any drama at either boat ramp because it's been a number of years but I get a vaguely happier feeling about Remley's point.  I was there in Thanksgiving of 2009 and that's when I met my Wife.

Thanks Ken, I will investigate. The 28 footer needs a bit more water to launch  than your 17". I need close to 3ft of water so even at Graham's water level rules. PeterP

I didn't realize you were launching the big boat.  I'm pretty sure the marina ramp will not work for you (check anyway), but I can't remember the conditions at the Remley Point ramp.

Where will you be staying?  Remley's Point is a good ramp with plenty of parking.  Shem Creek is popular, but parking is a bear.  There are other public ramps...just depends on where you are going to be.