Southern Appalachian Messabout 2018

Don Silsbe

The date and location has been set for the 2018 Southern Appalachian Messabout next spring.  It will be held at Ebenezer Park in Rock Hill, SC the weekend of April 20th.  We chose the date to avoid the Cedar Key event and MASCF.  We chose this venue, because Chick and I couldn't stand to track any more orange clay onto our beautiful boats.  This place on the south shore of Lake Wiley has sand beaches.  There are some fine campsites here, which may be reserved using this link:

https://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/ebenezer-park/r/facilityDetails.do?contractCode=PRCG&parkId=1060700 

Please reserve early, to get a good spot.  I have already reserved site number 27. The cove near the boat launch is best spot for in-water overnight boat storage and boat camping. (See photos)  There is also a small island nearby.  The campsites contain some small pebbles; so if you’re tenting, bring a HD ground cloth. Most importantly, I suggest that you make your reservation soon, to ensure a good spot. If you want some inside info, which campsites are the good-uns, send me a note.  Here are some photos.  More are on our FB Messabout site:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/401422193348393/

The Dixie Pig is a nearby restaurant, which serves up some awesome 'Q.  There's a rumor afoot that they're moving.  But we'll find 'em, cuz it's worth the effort.

Also, let Chick and me know that you're coming.  This is an informal event, but we still would like to know who's coming.

Park Map.jpg

Cove Left.jpg

Cove Right.jpg

• 3 months later...