CS-17, Mk-3 for sale

Chick Ludwig

Summer Breeze is looking for a new home. She was completed and titled in 2016. She is complete with her 2015 EZ Loader trailer with loading guides and spare wheel. Located in Hendersonville, NC.

Follow her building thread here: 

Some of her features:

Custom settee berth cushions from combination hard and soft foam.

Sails have the long battens for more sail area.

"Sausage" sail bags. Sails with battens fits in bags.

Tabernacles on both masts.

Boom gallows to support lowered main mast. Bracket on main gallows to support lowered mizzen mast.

Mast head L.E.D.combination navigation and anchor lights.

Interior cabin light.

Built in ice box in cockpit seat.

Bow sprit mounted anchor.

Sliding forward hatch allows hatch to be opened with the masts lowered.

Four opening ports.

Tiller tamer.

Masthead mounted wind vane. Stowage bracket in cockpit locker.

Fire extinguisher mounted in cockpit locker.

Compass mounted in face of bridge deck.

Built in motor mount and splash well. Sorry, Mr. Zuki isn't included!

Pictures and more details to come. You may call with questions and offers at 828-595-9432.

Price is $13,500.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Dave. I just saw your post. The bag is a little longer than the longest batten and has a zipper all the way down the side. I lower the sail and tie about 3 "gaskets" (if that's the right term---if memory serves) (Ahhh, just call'em a 3 pieces of rope) around the sail to keep it from falling all over the place. Then it just lays in the bag and I zip-it-up. Both sails/bags stow below in the cabin. I love 'em!

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2017 at 7:54 AM, Chick Ludwig said:

(Ahhh, just call'em a 3 pieces of rope) around the sail to keep it from falling all over the place. 

There's no rope on a boat except for the bell :P

Thanks.  I was thinking lacing, but a zipper would be easier and faster to use.  I flake both sails and tie them up with 3 lines for now.  But I want to be able to stow the sails in the boat or bed of my pick up and not worry about them unfolding in the wind and blowing around/out.  I "bundle' both sails together, am thinking just one bag for both.  Any pictures of yours Chick?

I thought it was a rope until actually used for a specific purpose, then called a "_____" line, or something. But, whadda I know. Why can't we just call an "apple" an "apple". And then there's the British changing things around, like calling spreaders, cross trees and such. Not to mention confusing things like port and starboard. Over in merry old England, the ports are on the left side when you're heading down the coast, and the stars are on the right, while over here in the colonies, the ports are on the RIGHT side, and stars on the LEFT. No wonder we've all been confused since the revolution.

Anyway, I think it's easier to use two bags. I just lay it out on the right place on the cabin top or cockpit to insert the slides into the track, snap on the halyard and outhaul, and raise. With one bag, ya gotta keep the other one still in the bag from falling out, getting tangled, etc. It's also bulkier getting the single bag below. i don't have any pictures. Just imagine a long sail bag with a zipper all the way down the side, and no opening in the end. I'll try to remember to dig down into Breeze's cabin and pull one out this week. Gotta do stuff with the grandson this weekend. Ya might have to remind me. Lost my mind a coupla years back.

8 hours ago, Chick Ludwig said:

It's also bulkier getting the single bag below. i don't have any pictures. 

I don't have a down below.  I just want a container that keeps my sails clean and from getting caught in the wind transporting.  I only raise one at a time, so one flaked on top of the other doesn't bother me. So a long skinny duffel bag with a side zipper it is.

"No ropes on a boat except for the bell" is an old saying.  It means the only piece of line on a sailboat that is called a rope is the bell pendant.
https://malcolmsenglishpages.com/2013/07/28/there-are-no-ropes-on-a-sailing-boat/

Edited by Hirilonde
add link

21 hours ago, Hirilonde said:

"No ropes on a boat except for the bell" is an old saying.  It means the only piece of line on a sailboat that is called a rope is the bell pendant.
https://malcolmsenglishpages.com/2013/07/28/there-are-no-ropes-on-a-sailing-boat/

Yep, that's what I said---except for the bell part. Hey wait. If it's called a "bell PENDANT", then it's not a rope either!

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:14 PM, Chick Ludwig said:

"No wonder we've all been confused since the revolution."

And don't forget that "red right returning" is a bad idea pretty much everywhere except the US!  I still wonder how us Murkins got that one backwards (or whether it was intentional).

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2017 at 11:18 PM, Ken_Potts said:

And don't forget that "red right returning" is a bad idea pretty much everywhere except the US!  I still wonder how us Murkins got that one backwards (or whether it was intentional).

And instead of cardinal marks we use hazard marks that don't reference where it is, only that it is some where near the mark.  When entering port cruising Croatia I would stand on my head so as not to be confused.  Actually, I was still confused, but it worked.

• 1 month later...

Oh, man. Would I had the loot, Chick. I'd love to have her if only to think of you when we unpacked the sammiches from the cooler...

Plus, that'd be a real reason to finally drag my Sorry butt out there to hang with y'all. Dang, but I'd love to spend a couple campfires with you lot. :)

Peace,

Robert

Awww, Tigger---I mean, Tiger, just hop in the old jalopy and head on over! We can work something out! Miss Breeze would REALLY like to live wiff ya! We can even stoke up the old fire-pit-inna-tub on the deck. Got plenty of iced SWEET tea. I think I can match ya boatin' lie, er, I mean story, to your stories. Maybe.

Rest assured, Paul, when I finally get over that side, we gone have a big party.

I think it would be great to be able to hear us all laugh at each other's dumb jokes.

Let's see what this storm season does, and plan a get together as soon as safe and feasible. Time keeps ticking, and excuses are easy to make. :)

Peace,

Robert 

I was just on the phone to some friends. I used to live on Marco Island and it's about 6' above sea level with an expected surge of 10' over ground. The condo complex I was in will have all lower floors flooded for sure. Then I got to thinking about the surrounding areas, like Goodland, Everglades City, etc. and these places are simply small boat fishing communities. These places were wiped off the map after Andrew, but many rebuilt. Lots of block homes, but still on grade in most cases.

That would be GREAT! I think I'd just sit at the feet of you two masters of the boating tale! I know that The Don would love to be there too, but he's out gallavantin' around the world until the B&B messabout.

We have family and friends in the St.Pete., Scary-sota, and Tall-hassee area. They're all sweating this one out!

I'm currently up and you'd think I'm sweating about it, but I'm not. I have 40' and 65' yachts on the east coast and I'm not terribly concerned about them either, I just can't sleep. I am worried about a few friends in south west Florida. We'll get to find out if the new, tougher building codes as a result of Andrew, are up to snuff at the very least. Yeah the "blue side" is going to take a beating I think, making me glad I moved inland. Going to be some boat deals come next week . . .