Plywood in Australia

Quiet

7 hours ago, Quiet said:

".......... Lets see how many months it will take me before I can supply the mandatory FROG shot.

Benhardt57, what's your ply? The Baltic Birch?"

You're getting close to winter there anyway. Enjoy your indoor project! My company has been doing business in Australia for about 5 years and I've been anxiously waiting for my turn to go. Maybe some day.

I found a wholesale warehouse that was willing to sell me the plywood. They called it Russian Birch, but I believe it's the same as Baltic.

-Ben

Thanks Ben.

For what it's worth, I have made up a couple of test samples of the Hoop Pine ply which I have hung on the back fence. One is just left raw, the other has been given a few coats of pure Tung oil. Thought the results in 6 months or a year or two might be of interest to those who have trouble getting the good Baltic Birch and are looking for an alternative. I'll do the first update in around 6 months.