Carlita's new adventure

Designer

If you or Alan you have time before the EC. I am really interested on how you patched the inboard side of the centerboard trunk. I see from Alan's video that the repair is invisible, and I can figure out how you patched the cockpit deck after the centerboard trunk was repaired. What I can't figure out is:

• How did you handle the butt joint between the existing inboard side and the new longer side piece?
  • How did you handle the joint between the new inboard side piece and the bottom?

Best regards

Alex

Here are some more additions.

I found that when it was cold or raining that I would dive into the cabin for shelter and dig out the wash boards and put them in place and slide the hatch shut. I decided that I would want to have their permanent stowage to be in the cabin rather than in a cockpit locker. The only place that I could find that did not interfere with lounging back against the hull was to lay them flat against the hull just above the side stringer. 

While they are rectangular the aft bulkhead sloped forward and the side stringer slopes downward. It was a less tight fit if the aft block was raised above the stringer. The first pic shows the washboards sitting in their chocks. The second shows the cam that locks them in place. To remove them, rotate the cam, lift the boards until they clear the lips on the chocks and drop them down.

WBoard1.thumb.jpg.7095774d7bfaaab0d60f3ee4bdcd7611.jpg58b2fdb28fc2c_WBoard2.thumb.jpg.26474eb45ee88f0be6a273324c650470.jpg

I got a few wisecracks about the other items but it starts to look organised now that they are done.

I have a decent pair of 7 x 50 binoculars that I hardly use because they are stowed out of the way and it does not seem worth the trouble to leave the cockpit to get them. I wanted to be able to easily reach them, they had to be secure and the lenses need to be covered. The first picture shows them being held by the bracket upside down. Second pic shows the the bracket mounted alongside the cup holder. The third pic shows the binoculars in place. I can now use them and replace them safely and easily.

Binoculars1.thumb.jpg.8fc721f3ed86e45e213ae382d297ff13.jpgBinoculars2.thumb.jpg.48d97e0ab69d26c6d1c362959ab0f53b.jpgBinoculars3.jpg.bac2d25c6461a8911105bfdbe9ba9c60.jpg

The next two are obvious, pencil rack and paper towel rack.

58b2fe5591472_pencilrack.thumb.jpg.a811cc61ca52af2def46029825761f1b.jpg58b2fe7f33f6b_Papertowel.thumb.jpg.14386efa0db95ffdec7cb7fab30adf17.jpg

• Like 1

Your cleverness is amazing! I especially like the drop board stowage. I showed it to Summer Breeze, and she wants it, too! as soon as I finish with Miss Debbie's new kitchen counter tops and back splashes, I'll get busy with some of these little tricks for Summer.

The time has come, we will be heading out this afternoon for the EC. I am glad that I returned from sailing to Florida as I have been working on the boat as much as I could and it is a lot better prepared than it was when I left. The lost parts have been remade. The time was not wasted as it showed me what I needed.

The Spot tracker will be turned on Saturday morning and you can still follow our track on the same link http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0eHa05kYuBYnYvSIGGCbp4PpdXZchEvKn

Alan and Paul are sailing the EC22 Southern Skimmer and there are two CS17's in the race. You can follow the whole race on the Water Tribe site at http://www.watertribe.com/Events/ChallengeGMapper.aspx . You will have to look at the roster page to find their tribal names. We will be in class 4 which is for monohulls.

For those following "Carlita" in the Everglades Challenge race, the start today was cancelled.  Due to small craft warnings, the CG would not allow the race to start.  The  boats trailered to check point 1, Cape Haze Marina, where they were lauched by a friendly fork lift.

Graham, Alan et al are in good spirits and ready to go tomorrow.

The Adventure started this am at 7 from Placida, Florida. ( near Fort Myers ) Conditions looked pretty quiet at the start. I believe winds are NE around 10. Here is a link to a video posted on the Watertribe site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1bNB_CdU0s

You can see Alan and Paul in EC22 Southern Skimmer at 3:48 and Dawn and Kiwibird at 4:20 and Graham ahem.