HighDesert

Utah OB20

Carter- So sorry to hear of your mishap!!  I guess a little break from boat building is in order.  Hope you heal quickly and can get back on your project soon!

Ken

Damn, everyone's getting hurt or falling ill, just at the time when spring is here and things can get done and splashed. Get rest, lots of it and she'll happily be waiting for 'ya, when you're better.

Thanks guys.  I feel your love.

I jammed the ball into the hip socket pretty hard, but the break at the femur is "non-displaced", so the only treatment is stay off it.  Not easy, as you might suspect, but I'm a month and a half into it and hoping for just one more month.  The doctor and my wife are both pretty strong willed females, so I don't expect to be cutting any corners.  

In my case, falling is not necessarily bad balance...it's purely bad judgment and lack of attention.  Historically, I have been able to get away with dusting my self off, giving my wife a grin and telling her something like, "Heck, I was a paratrooper.  We were trained to do that".  If at one time she thought that was cute, or amusing, I think it's wearing pretty thin now.

IMG_0717.JPG

Your wife’s look says it all!  (I think we’ve all gotten “that look” from our ever-lovin’ at one time or another.). Get well, and don’t push it!  That pretty boat of yours will wait.