Well, I WAS building a boat...

Action Tiger

Well, the kids and I decided to replace the pirogue they had with a larger punt type craft. "We" did all the work together, which was nice, actually. I mean, they kidded their way through, but they are kids, so...

Then, "we" decided to fix the pirogue, after all. And build a new paddle for the pirogue, too.

Meantime, I have been doing little fiddly bits on my big boat, and working on the intricate paint job I decided to apply to my kayak.

I have a few stories to share about the punt type craft I will have to assemble and put up on the board...

Peace,

Robert

post-4050-0-41530700-1474482424_thumb.jpeg

post-4050-0-39430400-1474482463_thumb.jpeg

Dang. I just laughed loudly and scared the heck out of the pup. I'm really going to have to be on my "A" game to live up to a title like Tiger Tails! The stories always do, I just hope I can convey them.

Oh, I am for sure using it, because it fits so well. Heh, heh. Tiger Tails. Honestly, I am rarely the cause of the mischief, but I always end up in the middle. Luckily, I am a solution guy, so I generally save the day. After I swear and panic. ;) Truth be told, my swears are all g rated, so they kind of sound dirtier, somehow. Hehe.

Gosh, I sure do like all y'all. So glad I found a place a weirdo like me can be appreciated. Or, at least laughed at out of earshot.:)

Peace,

Robert

Offense? I was trying to politely call myself a dumb butt! Ha! I'm probably the smartest alec, that's for sure. ;)

This place is a unicorn. It is an unspoiled anchorage. I have grown very fond of the folks on here. So much so, I'm really missing PAR coming along to crack me up.

I love to come here and read about the other weird boat guys somewhere else. Most people just tell me I'm nuts.

And Chick, messing ain't all that bad, but serial building. In wood? That constitutes a serious weirdo! :) You are always welcome to comment or whatever on any thread I ever post anywhere, man. You've got a great attitude, and seem a nice fella.

Ditto, Dave.

Youse guys are great.

Peace,

Robert

Ah, crud. I feel like I won an award and left people off my acceptance speech.

Everyone is welcome to my parties!

Especially you, Bob!

High school. Heh. I remember being covered in paint and glue and grease. There were other people there, too, and some of them smelled nice. I was BUSY, though.

Actually, the only difference between now and then is I don't HAVE ago be anywhere, ever, really. Well, I did get married and have the kids and all, but I DO the same stuff. :) Just slower, and closer to the ground. Hehe.

Peace,

Robert

• Like 1

Tiger, " ...messing ain't all that bad, but serial building. In wood?" Yep, I've had the disease since pre-teenhood. Built my stock outboard race boats back them until mid-20s. Then built 'glas boats for a career, with occasional "custom" boats for myself, then, later-in-life, I made the "mistake" of meeting Graham. Been a constant stream of B&B boats since then. And several more still planned or dreamed about. Someone---CALL AN AMBULANCE---TAKE ME TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM...

I, too, am terminal. I like this forum mostly because everyone else understands. :)

I've spent my life making stuff. My job description. I make stuff, mainly out of wood. And I will fix a bike or paint a kitchen...;)

Whilst in college, way back before computers, a friend found an old cedar canvas canoe and some books in the library. Rebuilding a canoe is fun.

Then I learnt how to make kayaks by eye, to fit, using body measurements.

Then I learned how to loft boats, which is pretty easy for a person with my art and draughting training.

Then, I built a boat to plans someone else drew.

Now, I can't stop. Something about boats I enjoy making most.

I do thank you all for the cyber friendship. It's nice to have this little Barber Shop.

Peace,

Robert

P.S. How could I forget to mention you, Ken?! :) Never start naming names. Hehe...

New kid boat, rebuilt old kid boat, and some stir sticks. Short double is old, single is old, and two long doubles are new.

The slender doubles are generic Greenland style paddles.

Now, back to that durn sailboat, so I can have a camper, so I can get to finishing off my hot rod CoreSound.

Teevee is safe from me for a while to come, folks. :)

Peace,

Robert

post-4050-0-70617400-1475025837_thumb.jpeg

post-4050-0-55968200-1475025864_thumb.jpeg

post-4050-0-98365300-1475025880_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Shoot! Chick, I saw turkles for the first time ever on this lake on our recent trip. Two, maybe six inches across the shell, just putting their little heads up to breathe. Of course I didn't get a photo. Despite their reputation, turkles in a lake may be amongst the universe's most rapidly moving objects...

But I thought of you when I saw the turkles. :)

Peace,

Robert