Balance lug rig on a CS17

PinoyPiper

Hello everyone,

for the past few years i've been involved with balance lug rigs over where I am, and I'm really getting to like the rig, especially being able to use shorter spars.

has anyone every tried rigging a CS17 with twin balance lugs? similar to a Michalak Laguna? asking because I'm interested in doing this on my CS17 (#224)

if no one has done this before, what would be the implications?

Cheers/Roy

gordo.jpg

a Michalak Laguna

Roy-  that looks like an interesting idea-  I would get Graham's take on it, but I guess my question would be what would the benefit be?  I get the shorter mast piece, but I wonder how much shorter they would be.  And, at least for me, the addition of a boom at head level would eliminate one of the biggest safety/comfort factors of the existing rig.  It does look like it might bring sail area lower in a predominately high wind sailing area-

JP