Wallops Island 12 launched

Abyssdncr

I robbed that backrest from my CLC kit last night, and then my back-ordered Surf to Summit tall backrest showed up today, which is great, because that little thing is about useless. Funny thing - the S2S band is on clearance at West Marine for $16.55 & still they shipped me two of them. I'll pick up some extra webbing and bungee cord and situate a better back band situation shortly. I really liked the strap on canoe seat, but the hinges started rubbing the floorboards raw. Despite the obvious comfort, I had to pull it out of the boat.

Did you decide against the elevated seat?

I think the most accurate statement would be that I'm still experimenting.  Shy of the two holes mounting the back band, I haven't done anything permanent yet.  As Robert mentioned, my original experiment with a more elevated seating position wasn't what I'd call confidence inspiring, but that may just be the "fat guy in a little boat" principle at play...  I was scribbling on scratch paper this morning and have a new plan for getting the barcalounger back in the boat where the hinge doesn't chew up the floorboards, but if not the S2S backrest looks pretty decent too.

However, that first paddle did get me wondering if your intention was for the seat to be less of a "seat" and more of a butt rest whilst the paddler kneels on the floor...?