S12 question

jetech

• 1 month later...

I built the sloop version several years ago.  If memory serves me, the cat version came with some addtional sheets for the sloop version that are not included with just the cat version, or? Maybe sending me both sets was just an oversight? I believe the mast is taller in the sloop version. I will go dig out the plan set and take a look.

It took me all day to find where I had put the Spindrift plan set, and it turned out to be within 3 feet of where I started looking. On the bright side, most of my storage room is now straightened out.

The sloop mast is 17" 11" from the top to the step. The steps (2 positions) are on top of the fore deck.

The cat mast is 19' 2", because it is inserted into the mast collar and to the keel.

What I would like to know is if there is a difference in the main sail on the sloop and the sail on the cat version. The sloop has a jib and standing rigging too. I plan to alter my sloop version to a cat version, redoing the mast to more closely match the cat version and getting rid of the standing rigging all together. If I had it to do over, I would not have built the sloop version.