Kennneee

Outer Banks 26 #1

Wow, that is fantastic. I've dreamed of doing the Great Loop and that looks like a perfect boat for that. Congratulations on launch.

• Like 1

Congratulations on launching Rosie.  She just looks beautiful, specially floating in her element.

Egbert

• Like 1

HI All- Since launching Rosie in June my work progress slowed quite a bit. When given the choice between working and going out on the water, I chose the water. I can't say enough good things about this boat. The more I use her the more I appreciate her design. She is a total joy on the water, looks great and is economical to run. Her lines are a constant source of attention which can be fun sometimes but when tied to a dock can get in the way of relaxation ( I must admit I mostly love it but don't tell anyone). 

I put her back in the boat shed at the end of September and took off for a few weeks of travel. Since returning I have gotten a lot of loose ends complete. As we know a boat is never finished but she is awfully close. I am heading south again for the Winter and probably won't do much more until I return. It is down to the small stuff like installing a VHF, a few bits of trim and paint. At Graham's suggestion I bought a set of trim tabs. Rosie planes effortlessly without them and rides beautifully. The only time I notice anything slightly bothersome is when there are 4 on board and 3 are are on one side in a beam wind. Trim tabs will correct that. I have them sitting in the shop waiting for me to install them in the Spring.

Below there is the link to my build pictures with written descriptions.  I added a bunch today to show the interior details. Using the boat for a few months helped me to tweak a few things. Luanne and I both wanted to sit higher than the original way we set her up. In the pics you will see my solution which works great. A lot of 3am. design work on that one.

I have includes 2 photos of Rosie under weigh taken by an admirer on another boat. We met later and he sent me these.

https://goo.gl/photos/

Cheers,

Ken

707DA30D-D044-4438-B8F0-398E0B1F7462.jpeg

AD78901A-142E-4CB5-9E99-43CF3F402D35.jpeg

You have done and continue to do a splendid job on your fine craft. That is one of the finest build and designs that's been detailed on here too.  Hopefully you will not stay too long on your winter vacation and will get back to work and finish it up before your "six weeks of summer" is upon you. 🤣 And since your boat resides on a trailer, I think you need to consider making it to next year's gathering in the fall of the year on the banks of Chapel Creek. 😎

Thanks Mike!

HI All- Since launching Rosie in June my work progress slowed quite a bit. When given the choice between working and going out on the water, I chose the water. I can't say enough good things about this boat. The more I use her the more I appreciate her design. She is a total joy on the water, looks great and is economical to run. Her lines are a constant source of attention which can be fun sometimes but when tied to a dock can get in the way of relaxation ( I must admit I mostly love it but don't tell anyone). 

I put her back in the boat shed at the end of September and took off for a few weeks of travel. Since returning I have gotten a lot of loose ends complete. As we know a boat is never finished but she is awfully close. I am heading south again for the Winter and probably won't do much more until I return. It is down to the small stuff like installing a VHF, a few bits of trim and paint. At Graham's suggestion I bought a set of trim tabs. Rosie planes effortlessly without them and rides beautifully. The only time I notice anything slightly bothersome is when there are 4 on board and 3 are are on one side in a beam wind. Trim tabs will correct that. I have them sitting in the shop waiting for me to install them in the Spring.

Below there is the link to my build pictures with written descriptions.  I added a bunch today to show the interior details. Using the boat for a few months helped me to tweak a few things. Luanne and I both wanted to sit higher than the original way we set her up. In the pics you will see my solution which works great. A lot of 3am. design work on that one.

I have includes 2 photos of Rosie under weigh taken by an admirer on another boat. We met later and he sent me these.

https://goo.gl/photos/

Cheers,

Ken