Got first coat of paint with new 9oz polyester today. I used Kilz Original oil primmer thinned with about 1/3 paint thinner. The plan is to follow up with traditional rustoleum paint on second and third coat. I know people have recently had trouble with the 9 oz, so I wanted to share my experience. I didn’t do a great job getting the skin super tight while sewing, especially around the coaming. I didn’t care enough to keep working it, and ironing it only helped a bit. I threw on the Kilz as I had extra primer laying around and figured it’d be a nice experiment as others reported problems with the rustoleum... if anything the skin is tighter now after painting. Being thinned primer, the paint was drying as fast as I could lay it on. I will update if it slacks as I throw on the next two coats.