Core Sound 17 #55, partially completed, with trailer, for sale

Tony

Hello all,

I am quite sad to do this but circumstances require that I pass this project on to someone else. I have a link to the Craigslist Ad below. The hull/bulkhead seems are glassed on the inside and it is ready for interior framing, exterior fiberglassing/finishing, etc. I purchased the plans for hull #55 quite a while ago and have been storing the partially completed hull in my garage. I also have a trailer purchased new in 2010 and only used to transport the hull to California when I moved. Please consider taking a look at the ad and make me an offer. I am thinking $1000 might be reasonable. 

Includes hull, remaining plywood needed to complete the project, some RAKA epoxy, fiberglass tape, and the trailer. 

I am about an hour north of San Francisco.

Thank you!

Tony

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/5677832191.html

Tony,

I just returned from you neck of the woods. Guernville/Windsor area. You live so close to "the line", where California changes color permanently. For those that wonder, the top half is green and wet, the bottom half is brown and dry.

Man, this is a sweet deal. I just started a 20 foot sailboat build, though.

I wish you luck in finding a successor to your boat. I will also ask around, maybe I can find someone to pay me to finish it for them, although, I should warn you I am hermetic and curmudgeonly, so the pool of applicants is small. :)

Anyway, best of wishes and luck,

Peace

Robert

• Like 1

Tony,

No problem. You actually live in a great spot, by the way. The Petaluma and Russian rivers are close, and both neat, and you don't get any of the real valley heat. Plus, the Charles Schultz museum...

Anyway, I'm sure I'm no match for Craig and his list, but I will try.

I am "documenting" my build on the main forum. So far, not much fun, because it's all been dodging heat with epoxy!

Peace,

Robert

This, having just completed a 17, and specifically not adding up the costs, is a screaming deal!  Tony, sorry to hear you won't be completing, but hopefully circumstances are positive-  Have you posted in the classifieds here as well as the classifieds on the B and B site?

Take care-

JP

• Like 1

Tony,

What a wonderful deal!  I sure hope someone snatches up this bargain.  Fortunately for me, I live too far away (North Carolina) to take advantage of that deal.  If I were closer, I might find myself with a perplexing problem.  At that price, it should go.  Good luck!

Well,

I waited because I didn't want to jinx anything, but I took an 8 hour drive today. Round trip. And someone rode my bumper the whole way home!

That's right, y'all, ACTION TIGER GOT HIM A CS17!

Some of you know I'm already building some boats (hush, I get bored and can't sit still, and sometimes stuff needs to dry...), so I'm gonna finish them both so I can really focus here.

I am just beyond the moon, though I feel like I picked up a book and started on chapter 7. The hull is together and glooped up inside, so I'll be starting from a bare hull. It is so beautiful still, just bare ply, I must have gotten 10 thumbs ups on the road home.

The best part, to me, is Tony lives right up the road, and I already promised him a sail. Shoot, he can have 100 rides! I will have her launched before next summer, and you can watch me muck it up on a thread I'll start. That was a joke, y'all. I know my way around a squeegee, I just got shake the rust off. Luckily I've been glooping for practice, lately.

Don't breathe a word in the garop, or you'll jinx her, but she's to be called Phoenix.

Did I mention my excitement? Beyond. The. Moon.

Oh, Southern Appalachian Messers. I am announcing now I WILL NOT make your mess again next year. Shooting for the B&B, now...:) :) :)

Peace,

Robert

post-4050-0-83790100-1468805938_thumb.jpeg

Ken, it was a strange day. Sorta sad, sorta happy. For me, pure anxiety and anxiety. The good one and the bad one, dig?

Paul, you should know better. I still ain't learnt nothing, man. I just dumbed into more luck. :) I do, however, know how to do it "right", and I even been caught doing it before. Usually for money work. I always cheap out on myself, which is why I skinned kayaks in canvas for so long. I will not skimp a bit on this one.

I'm gonna quit my job to get all this work done. Wait. I ain't got no "job". Well, I'm quit song work for money for a while, finish these boats off. Serially. I'll use the cheap one to goof about while I polish my jewelry box. Just don't expect much bright work, y'all.

I do, however, plan to use some nice two pack paint, not poach and flow, so you can all relax. ;)

Dang it, Dave. I broke six coamings before I was willing to admit I picked a bad piece of wood. No, I ain't hard headed why?

I'm gluing up a plywood ring, old school style, but I'm going to fasten it in baidarka style with the cloth over, so it won't bother me all that much. Oh, and the paddle blank is glued up. I'll put a photo on that long suffering thread.

It ain't the kayak I was worried about, though. There has been a kayak in progress in my yard for almost 20 years straight. No, not the same kayak, though it feels like it, this time. Harvey Golden and Chris Cunningham ruined my life. Morris just hammered in the last nail. Kudzu is a refreshing find, and cool diversion from all the thinking and guessing I normally do.

The pink elephant in the room is the boat in the next stall. I've basically decided to finish the frolic, use it while I polish this gem, then pass along the frolic to my oldest kids.

Good thing I like building boats, eh?

Two trailers is excessive??? Now let me see----1---2----3----4----5. Yep, that's it.  Five trailers at the moment. 7 boats. Well actually, two of them are kayaks for gramma and the grandbaby. Two---no, 3 gas motors (Gotta have motors). 3 electric. But only a few paddles.

I will never admit to having too many boats or paddles, so it's got to be the trailers. I have learned if you mention to a teenager they may inherit a boat, they take an immediate interest in the finishing of said boat, if they are the right type of weirdo.

I'm looking so forward to playing swallows and amazons with my kids.