Panda FREE Antivirus for Personal Use (affiliate link)
Guest Chris Beebe

Ocracoke 256 #3

244 posts in this topic

Hello Oyster

Yeah we are redoing some stuff that should have been done differently, it hasn't been too bad. Overall it is good,  just having a different set of eyes looking at something and having friends that are experienced boat builders has been very helpful.  Their insight and knowledge is eye opening, I have learned a lot through this experience and if I ever built another boat (and probably will after I recover from this one) will be a lot better.

We are hoping to get the hull work done and painted by the first week in June and then I have to hang the engines, finish the wiring, rigging and plumbing which will take me 4-6 weeks since I have a business to run and will be doing that work at nights and weekends.

If all goes well we will be doing sea trials by the end of July, the boat will be located on the Pamlico river and plan on running it between Bath and Ocracoke this Summer, hope to do some fishing late summer and through the rest of the year.

Where are you located?

As far as Jay's question to what shop I am in, all I can say it is a very professional shop with a lot of history behind it.

Have a great day

19 hours ago, gbt said:

Hello Oyster

Yeah we are redoing some stuff that should have been done differently, it hasn't been too bad. Overall it is good,  just having a different set of eyes looking at something and having friends that are experienced boat builders has been very helpful.  Their insight and knowledge is eye opening, I have learned a lot through this experience and if I ever built another boat (and probably will after I recover from this one) will be a lot better.

We are hoping to get the hull work done and painted by the first week in June and then I have to hang the engines, finish the wiring, rigging and plumbing which will take me 4-6 weeks since I have a business to run and will be doing that work at nights and weekends.

If all goes well we will be doing sea trials by the end of July, the boat will be located on the Pamlico river and plan on running it between Bath and Ocracoke this Summer, hope to do some fishing late summer and through the rest of the year.

Where are you located?

As far as Jay's question to what shop I am in, all I can say it is a very professional shop with a lot of history behind it.

Have a great day

Good enough...

Best of luck to you.

Jay

Harkers Island

Jay and any one else that is interested on seeing the boat in person you are welcome to come by the house / shop just PM me and we can make arrangements.

Have a great day

1 person likes this

On 4/3/2017 at 7:04 PM, gbt said:

A little more progress.

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG

ATTENTION TO DETAIL . 

I love that !!