Ocracoke 256 #3

Guest Chris Beebe

1 hour ago, Chris Beebe said:

Hi guys. The 256 was delivered to its owner he will finish the rigging and motors, and hopefully have it on the water in the next two to three months.

Did you have any finished pictures with the final paint and hardware on it?  I may have missed it. But where did it go? We sure would like to see it in person and maybe some running shots too. TIA

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chris Beebe

HI Guys, I am sorry for this outcome of the 256 build .I was building it for a customer . I built to his specs and to his finish. He will have to show you the Final pictures. :wub:

I will be posting an update on our boat next few days. I know several people want to know the status of this project and I will  be posting pictures and updates regularly.

I am not sure if Chris deleted his account or he was removed...!!!

Have a good day.

George

• Like 1

I think he was rough and some what disrespectful to some people. I will be giving you all a insight of the relationship that I had with Chris during our project next few days.

By the way our boat was not delivered.... It was removed!!

It was not finished.... either.

Have a great day.

George

George, 

We're all anxious to see the big reveal to be sure! However while I certainly appreciate you posting any pictures of the boat here for continuity of this thread, I for one don't care to read anything here that would bash Chris as a person or his business. I infer and assume that you were not happy with his services but that is between you and him and not relevant here in my opinion of course. 

I think most importantly, the record of pictures here on this thread adds a lot of value to your boat which I truly hope you are proud to own despite any bumps in the road you've had with Chris. Anyone here can see the details, materials and workmanship that was involved. I hope to see the boat in person some day soon. 

Sincerely and with respect

-Alan

• Like 2

Alan

I don't care nor do I have anything to gain from bashing Chris.You should not assume from what I had posted that those were my intentions.I think Chris is a talented craftsman and he has done a great job building our boat as far as he got, being a good craftsman is one thing being a good business man is another. That is all I have to say to you and others, I know you are having a business relationship with him and you cannot be impartial nor I expect you to take sides one way or another.

As far as I am concerned the matter is outside this group.

Will try to keep the group informed on the progress of our project.

Have a good day

George

We are working on the 256 redoing some items. We replaced the teak across the back and rounded the corners because it was fitted with square corners and it did not look good square also we replaced the toe rail it was installed with screws so we replaced with teak and glued it on the deck to give it a cleaner look and enlarged the bow section of the toe rail so we can install the bow navigational light on the teak portion so it can be seen better. Also we flared the sheers  from mid ship forward and replaced the mid rails with a composite material instead of the fir that was used. Using other than a rot resistant material on the rails it is not a good idea since that is where most of the abuse is on a boat (banging against docks and pilings) we were going to use teak or mahogany but we decided to use a composite instead (easier to work with) also we are going to use a solid SS rub rail instead of hollow back type, when you put pressure against the hollow back it acts like a set of knifes and cuts in the rail and water gets inside the structure behind it and rots.     58d2d6eb744ec_oc256gt2.thumb.jpg.cfe2fffa024fd5e4417d7f6737cd298e.jpgcc40.thumb.jpg.6fd73410ccb8e36e92eaecde0ccae4cc.jpg58d2d7a25a182_cc41.thumb.jpg.50b207c0acdf5697cbd7546c1b31d670.jpg58d2d7d949fb5_oc256gt9.thumb.jpg.9b89cd470a7053d49e8a2da7d579f7fa.jpg

• Like 1

A few more pictures got the teak cover boards glued across the stern and also finished the varnish on the teak bump for the steering we were going to glue on the console but decided to bolt it through and also use some 5200 to water proof the joint area.  Also we are doing some additional work on the hatches, we are gluing teak strips to water proof and protect the exposed plywood edges.

Keep working on it a little slow but we are hoping we will be ready with the hull by the end of April.

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

oc 100.jpg

oc 101.jpg

oc 103.jpg

oc 104.jpg

oc102.jpg